Looking for a program that allows the individual to stay at home while benefiting from our resources? The Intensive In-Home program focuses on improving the individual’s interactions within the home, school, and the broader community, providing the individual with assistance at home and offering coordination with other care providers.
Our Intensive In-Home program is focused on changing the home environment and the family unit and these sessions are performed in the home or community.
In order to qualify, the individual should:
- Be Virginia Medicaid eligible.
- Have a mental, physical, or behavioral disorder that requires a need for this service.
- Be at risk to be placed into juvenile detention, psychiatric hospitalization, therapeutic foster care, or residential treatment facilities.
- Demonstrate an inability to recognize when their behaviors or actions place themselves or others in danger.
- Other, less restrictive services, have been exhausted and unsuccessful.
Our intensive in-home services in Virginia focus on children and adolescents between the ages of 5 to 18, who are at risk of out home placement due to behavioral, mental health or substance use problems, in addition to children between the ages 5 to 18, who are transitioning from an out of home placement. Services are geared to address issues including but not limited to; poor problem solving skills, and poor interpersonal relationship building skills.
Services included with our intensive in-home treatment:
- Mental Health Evaluations
- Individual and Family Counseling
- Parenting Skills
- Behavior Management
- Life/ Independent Living Skills
- Crisis Intervention
- Conflict Resolution and Anger Management
- Discharge Planning
- Children or adolescents who are at-risk of an out of home placement.
- Children or adolescents who are transitioning back into the home from an out-of-home placement.